Our secure wipe service in three easy steps
- Number and type of devices you need to erase (hard drive, pendrive or USB memory card, flash memory card, RAID system).
- Overwriting standard you would like to use to erase the data.
- Whether you wish to destroy the devices at the end of the process or recycle them.
The secure wipe service provided by Recovery Labs is carried out using our own proprietary software to offer our clients maximum flexibility.
- Information on the storage devices (serial number, make, model and capacity).
- Erasure standard used (number of overwrites and verification).
- Date and time data was erased.
- Results of the secure wipe.
If it is discovered that the devices are physically damaged during the process, making it impossible to erase the data, Recovery Labs offers the option of physically destroying them. In this case, we will issue a recycling certificate for the destroyed devices.
Once the secure wipe service has concluded, you can either choose to have the devices returned to you or if you prefer they can be recycled.
Call us, we will help you
(0)20 7108 6218
Why is secure wipe important?
A study conducted by two students from MIT (Massachusetts Institute of Technology) on hard drives that came from Internet auctions and second hand shops revealed that:
- Of the 158 hard drives acquired, more than 80% worked.
- Information was recovered from more than 43% of the hard drives.
- In more than 70% of cases, the information was private or confidential (company HR information, medical data, credit card numbers, email, pornography)
- Only 7.59% of the hard drives had undergone a secure data erasure process.
In most cases, these devices had been formatted.
Deleting files and even formatting the data storage devices is not enough to guarantee the irreversible erasure of the stored information. At Recovery Labs, we are aware of the risks that information leaks can pose to businesses and individuals, which is why our R+D Department has developed different secure erasure applications that certify that the data on the devices has been securely and irreversibly deleted. These applications meet the rigorous standards of the US Department of Defence.