1. How much would I pay for the data recovery from a hard disk?
Charges for a data recovery vary depending on the type and complexity of the hard disk’s fault. It is necessary to examine the device to be able to establish a diagnose of the fault and evaluate it’s reach and the viability of it’s recovering. This way we could determine an exact budget.
*Except evening- Weekend service.
2. What happens if my hard disk is under warranty?
Our data recovery process complies with all the prerequisites to keep your disk’s warranty. Manufacturers only permit the maintenance of their devices warranty if the data recovery processes comply with the standards and are performed in the adequate environmental conditions, which only a clean chamber can offer. This is one of the characteristics that can identify a professional data recovery service.
3. How long will it take to recover mi hard disk?
In the 75% of the cases, the data recovery finalises in an estimated time of 5 days. However, there is a 25% where it is not possible to fix a time for the recovery of a hard disk since, on occasions, we need to ask for spare parts to the manufacturer, the device has a very complex fault or more than a fault at a time, etc.
4. Is it possible to recover deleted photos?
Our data recovery service includes all types of files. In addition , the fruit of our identity and commitment to R & D , our laboratory team has developed Recuphoto
. An internally developed software that allows retrieve and view photos with the maximum guarantees.
5. Is it possible to retrieve information from mobile phones?
Of course. From Recovery Labs we maintain a spirit of innovation based on R&D, what have allowed us to adapt to the needs of our customers. We recovery your data from smartphones and tablets
of any operating system and whatever the brand of the device. You can retrieve all kinds of information: videos, photos, music, phonebook, messages, emails, recover historical Whats app, text files, spreadsheets, etc.
6. Will you recover all information?
The data recovery rate is about 85 % and 90 % success. Despite this, experience makes us warn of the existence of a small percentage of unrecoverable fault. However , our R&D is constantly working on finding solutions and tools that help increase the recovery rate of these cases.
7. How do I send you my device?
Here you can find instructions to make the device packed and shipped safely. If you have questions , call us at 020 710 862 18
where our Customer Service Department will be happy to assist you
INSTRUCTIONS FOR PACKING YOUR HARD DRIVE
It is important to pack your device properly to minimise the risk of damage while being transported to the laboratory.
- If your hard drive is installed in a desktop computer, remove the damaged device.
- Carefully wrap the hard drive in static-free material, bubble wrap, foam or similar.
- Use a rigid box stuffed with cushioning material that is deep enough to protect the hard drive against possible impacts. Place the hard drive in the box and cover with more stuffing material. Make sure the device is securely positioned inside the box to prevent it from shifting during transport.
- Close and seal the box and write the request number in a visible location on the box.
8. What is a backup?
A backup is a copy of your important information to a server. In this process the information is compressed, encrypted and sent to a server in the office or cloud of Recovery Labs. In this way, in case of data loss, you can access your backup without taking unnecessary risks.